It is your responsibility to take good care of your books!
- keep your books safe from liquids, food, dirt & mud, infants, toddlers, pets and any other ways to harm a book
- keep your books in an easy-to-find place so everyone at home knows where they are, especially on Library Book Exchange Day
Schedule for Book Exchange Days by grade level:
- 4-year old Preschoolers exchange books on Wednesdays
- Kindergartners exchange books on Wednesdays
- 1st Graders exchange books on Fridays
- 2nd Graders exchange books on Fridays
- 3rd Graders exchange books on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays--be sure to ask your 3rd grader
- 4th Graders exchange books on Tuesdays
- 5th & 6th Graders exchange books independently
How long can I keep my library books?
I encourage students to keep their library books as long as they need them. This may mean one week or one month, but as long as the book is being read, it is okay to keep it. However, students may only have 1 or 2 books out at a time; a new book cannot be checked out until the others are returned.
If a book has been out for over a month, I will ask the student about it, and if he/she needs a reminder to bring the book(s) back, I will send a notice home so that the adults know about the book and can offer assistance.